Monday 21 May 2012

Hey, Listen!

Hi. My name's Clinton and I love playing games.

I'm glad to have that out of the way.

I used to buy a lot of games. I'm trying to stop and get the most enjoyment as I can from old games.

There's a good reason why and I can tell you it. Old games are good, there are quite a number of them which are firmly nestled in my memory as great places I've been in life.


From demonic wastes and airborne castles to endless deserts and frozen plains, I've been to them all, sometimes all in the one game, even in the same sitting.

I'm not some game guru, not a game designer (there are aspirations though, I promise you) just a gamer (shudder, there are connotations with that word I don't identify with) who wants to share his experiences and make some recommendations.

Why? Because I know people are missing out. There are games that still hold up well, games that will give you back more than they take from you.

What am I talking about? You'll find out, but let's just say that you can get a real emotional connection with games, they can shape your life and your experiences, not in a nerdy D&D kind of way, but in the same way you might take a moral belief away from a great movie, the right game can reach out and touch you.

They're out there - the million dollar blockbusters are good, but games tell stories too.

And I want you to be a part of that.

Here at Retreviews, my colleagues and I want to show you that games don't have to be about killing people, collecting everything and saving the princess (this castle or otherwise). They can be akin to the stories shared around a campfire; heartwarming, filling and life-changing.


No comments:

Post a Comment